How can I add my own typography?
Add your own typography to your store and give your personal style to your text!
Do the following steps:
1. Save your font file in one of the following formats -> .ttf, .woff, .eot
2. Go to Online Store>Themes>Your theme
3. Click the "Actions" button
4. Click the "Edit theme" button
5. Search for the "Assets" folder
6. Click the "Add a new asset" button
7. Select your font file and click the "Upload asset" button
Example Font File
8. Go to "theme.scss.liquid" file in the "Assets" folder
9. Append the following code to the top of the file
Note that you can change the name "myFirstFont" to whatever you like but this is what you use later in order to apply this font-family to your text. Inside the url(), add the name of your font file (i.e. OpenSans.ttf)
10. Add the font family to your page. On around line 1430 you will find the font stacks. Replace lines 1431 to 1444 with the following block of code:
$general_font: 'myFirstFont'; $header_font: 'myFirstFont';
Note: With this change, you can't select your font-family through the theme's editor settings.